Tuesday, May 20, 2014

I have been so sick... But now I am better!

Shortly after deciding to start the 100 days of real food challenge two viruses made a run through my home.

It was horrible. I have a deformity in my stomach and because of it I get every stomach virus that comes near me.

By the time that cleared up, one of my kids brought home an upper respiratory thing. My oldest almost never gets sick, and he was hit the hardest. Having a kid that almost never gets sick is wonderful... Until he is sick. Then he is sure he is dying, because he does not know how to handle a simple fever and cough.

Unfortunately I am still stuck with the cough. Thankfully he got better right before Dallas ComicCon.

We did have a blast at ComicCon and we got to meet Christopher Lloyd and see Doc Brown's Time Machine!



So my 100 days of real food got thrown out the window for now. At one point I was so sick that I just wanted comfort foods. At first I kept to Real Food, but after a while I drank a few sodas to cut some of that sinus drainage. Also it was easier to eat out while at ComicCon. I really never had time to pack food like I had wanted.

Thankfully, we all survived! Now we are rethinking the real food challenge, and may not make it a 100 day challenge, but a life style. Then we will feel less guilty when we slip up. 

Oil Pulling?

Also as of today I have started trying something called Oil Pulling. If you already know what this is, feel free to comment your experience. For those who do not know, I will be doing a post on this soon. I want to try it for a little longer before I write about it. 

I recently read some books on the subject, because I have a need to understand things before trying them. If you would like read some for yourself, you should. These are the books I have read so far:
Oil Pulling Therapy: Detoxify, Heal & Transform your Body through Oil Pulling (Natural Remedies, Oil Pulling, Oral Health, Coconut Oil, Oral Cleansing)

Oil Pulling Therapy: Detoxifying and Healing the Body Through Oral Cleansing


No comments:

Post a Comment