Sunday, March 2, 2014

Happy 110th Birthday To Dr Seuss!!!

Growing up everybody loves Dr Seuss.

As I have become an adult I realize the messages he was trying to pass down to the generations after! Oh The Places You'll Go still effects me deeply, because it is perhaps the most honest book I ever read. It was written to prepare people for life. I remember as a kid, being afraid of the waiting place, and when I was there I remembered his words to keep me strong.

Now I am older, and I still have brains in my head and feet in my shoes, with so many more places to go.

Feel Like Celebrating Dr Seuss' Birthday?

I found these beautiful inspired recipes from Cool Mom Picks 

Dr. Seuss recipes are a delicious way to celebrate his birthday


Here are the things I learned from Dr Seuss:

(images are not mine, found on pintrest)




The hardest lesson I learned was not to let your self get stuck in the waiting place:

You can get so confused
that you'll start in to race
down long wiggled roads at a break-necking pace
and grind on for miles across weirdish wild space,
headed, I fear, toward a most useless place.
The Waiting Place...

...for people just waiting.
Waiting for a train to go
or a bus to come, or a plane to go
or the mail to come, or the rain to go
or the phone to ring, or the snow to snow
or waiting around for a Yes or a No
or waiting for their hair to grow.
Everyone is just waiting.

Waiting for the fish to bite
or waiting for wind to fly a kite
or waiting around for Friday night
or waiting, perhaps, for their Uncle Jake
or a pot to boil, or a Better Break
or a string of pearls, or a pair of pants
or a wig with curls, or Another Chance.
Everyone is just waiting.


1 comment: