Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Ninety Minute Cinnamon Rolls

The other day I mentioned making cinnamon rolls with my son. It has been decided in this household, that these are the best tasting rolls we have ever made.

The only real problem we had was that when cutting them, they were far too messy and it made them hard to even put into the pan.

I got this recipe from Allrecipes

90  Minute Cinnamon Rolls

Since this is not my recipe, I am posting a link to it. 

Here is my suggestions:

The flavors on this are amazing, try it with nuts or raisins.If you do not add those, try some nutmeg or clove in the cinnamon mix.

Next time I make this I want to chill the dough. I have done this in the past with other recipes. This is my suggestion. Let rise as directed, chill in freezer for 10-15 mins. You do not want it frozen be you want it to stiffen a little. After it is chilled roll it out with the rolling pin and continue as directed. I have not tried this on this recipe yet, but I have done this with similar things in the past.

To top the cinnamon rolls. I used a simple glaze made with milk, powdered sugar, butter, and vanilla. I drenched them when the rolls were still hot, and let it fully cool before serving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment