Monday, January 20, 2014

To many changes, not enough focus!

I am looking at my lists of the many things I have to do. I feel unorganized lately and my brain might be just too cluttered to get anything done today. I know I can not let this happen to me. To not write and blog today would be a sin.



Right now I feel like I am at the beginning of a massive change in my life. Okay let me rephrase that, I am at the beginning of some changes that I am pretty excited about. The problem is it seems like they are not moving forward fast enough.

I logically know that certain things must happen before I can move any farther, but that does not change how excited I am.

My family is moving this summer, and I am mostly excited about that. I know I can not make that happen any faster. The kids are in school and I do not have employment in the new town yet.

Part of my New Year Commitment to Writing is updating how I do my blogging, and will be buying a domain soon. Really the only thing stopping me from that is deciding what domain to get. That has turned out to be harder than I thought it would be. I am experimenting with hosting and blogging options as well. I can not move that any faster because I am still trying to see what fits my needs the best. I am at least able to work on that right now.

I am also working on expanding my social media, and I admit I am having a lot of fun with that. As a blogger I know it is important to stay current. So this means shifting things around sometimes.

A long time ago I wrote a book. This poor book has had such a rough life. It really only took me a few months to research and write. Then I did massive self editing, and even found a publisher before it was a year old. The editor of the publishing house when through the book and helped me improve it. This was a very small local publishing company and tragedy struck. They were a physical print publisher, who had not set up for digital printing. They ended up bankrupt. So I no longer had a publisher.

Then my computer crashed, and although I backed the book up in so many places I couldn't find a completed, edited copy of it. I fell into a deep depression that even involved a trip to the hospital. I then got some weird side effects from the medication and slept for close to two years (I think, it kinda runs together.) Life went on, I got better, started working again, and kinda just tried to not think about my lost book. I even considered rewriting it but the idea made me depressed.

A moment of brilliance hits me last week. Hey it happens sometimes!

Google, the all knowing, all saving, knows all...

Including emails from YEARS ago. I archive anything of even moderate importance because I tend to lose information...see above...

I wondered, did I save the original emails with the editor? Were those files still attached? OMG they totally were!!!! So after downloading my book, chapter by chapter I got to work rebuilding it. They were saved in an outdated word file, but I was able to get a viewer and cut and past. I am “fixing” it. My goal is to have it rewritten and formatted by the end of this month. After it is fixed I will be rewriting query letters, and hunt for an agent. If I do not have one by summer I am thinking about self publishing on Amazon.

I WILL be a published author by summer (or at least an agented one)!

I even  had a dream about my cover art! That was something that has been bothering me for years. I never even had a clue what I wanted on my cover until last week.

Unfortunately because my brain is all over the place I am having problems focusing on the little goals, to get to the big goals. I think it is time for me to work on some Mind Training!

My new goals:


So one of my goals for today is to work on this blog some today, so do not be surprised if things change around.


What are your goals for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment