Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Long Few Days

The next couple of days are going to be pretty long. I am not going to get to much done around the house.

Yesterday I did manage to start a new vinegar though, and I am pretty excited! I hope it does not take too long to brew. It is a vegetable vinegar. The idea behind it was vinegar to use in cooking. It is pretty much like a vegetable stock. I have onion, carrot, celery, cabbage and a few other odds and ends I found in my crisper.

I am also planing to start playing around with crochet clothing. I have done this in the past, but never got too far with it. I am experimenting by playing around with some motifs to make a tank top. I intend on lining it with fabric, so it can be a stand alone top in the summer. It may make a decent layering top for the winter.

I have never done anything like this before so I am not sure how it will turn out. My goal is to work on it as much as I can over the next few days and then hit it hard my next day off. If it comes out nice I will post pictures. I have never done this before so I admit to being a little uneasy.

On a more interesting note:


My oldest son has had dreams of being a chef his whole life. This is something I encourage. For Christmas he inherited a 94-114 year old cast iron pan.

He has restored it, and has been practicing his cooking skills in it.

IMG_1409

 

No comments:

Post a Comment