Saturday, January 18, 2014

Influenster and the JollyVoxBox

A little bit before Christmas I joined Influenster. If you are not a member already you should at least check it out.

It is a pretty simple concept of a site too. You review products you have used. When you first get started it takes a while before your score shows up, so do not feel bad about that 0% score. I recommend you just fill out and review things. They have surveys about products too.

As you do this, you unlock badges and the chance to get something called a VoxBox. The VoxBox really is the reason you want to join. It is full of lots of great products for free. The one I got had full size products not samples. I am told that is normal.

I find it rewarding to unlock a badge, I don't know why.

Why do they do this?

They want you to try the stuff, of course. They hope you will love it, and go review it on the website. They also want you to tell the world about it. In an age of social media, this might be the best marketing method EVER.

You get a higher score by sharing your thoughts on different social media. You are asked to link your blogs, facebook, twitter, instagram and more. To be honest this site was one of the big reasons I finally gave in and got an instagram profile.

What did I get?

Well sharing is the reason for this post. So yes this post is all about my personal and real reviews of what I got. I got these products free from influenster.

Puffs Ultra Soft & Strong To Go Packs

I am always happy to have these around. I have been using puffs since I was a kid. My mom has always loved the ones with Aloe. I have been buying these for years. Right as I opened my Jolly VoxBox my middle child sneezed. So I tossed the package to him and told him he could have it. You can never have too many of these around.

NYC New York Color HD Color Trio Eye Shadow

Personally I am not much on eye makeup. No matter how it is done, it just never looks right on me. I was sent Long Beach Sands. They are lovely colors, and they even match my daughter's skin tones. She loves makeup and she is the fashionista that I never can be. She enjoys these colors very much, and this is something I would buy for her. 

I will say, I do LOVE NYC nail polish, I buy that all the time.

Rimmel London Show Off Lip Lacquer

This came at a good time. I was almost out of my favorite lipstick. The one sent was a lighter color than I prefer, but how could they know that I like a really really bright red lipstick. I did try it though, and it is smooth, and I do enjoy the smell of it, I do not think I will be buying it. I prefer the long lasting lipsticks that you only apply once. The price for this is very good, and I would consider buying something like this for my daughter. For me: it is a no go.

Skinny Cow Candy

The girls at work sometimes talk about Skinny Cow. Personally I am always hesitant about "diet" candy.  I do not use "fake sugars." I read the label and did not find any of those, so I went ahead and tried it. They sent me a full box, so I shared it with the family. I got the peanut-butter filled ones. Really let's face it, you really can not go wrong with chocolate and peanut-butter. It was not bad but I found it oddly salty. I do like the mix of salt and chocolate, so that did not bother me. I am not going to say I hate it, but I am not sure I like it. The kids did not complain but they were not fighting over the last package in the box ether. I am really not sure if I would buy this. 

Ducklings Mini Rolls

I am writing this up in the order it is on the card provided, but I am also saving the best for last! I LOVE these mini rolls!!! It is mini ducktape with patterns on them!!! This is prefect for crafts, or small repairs. I used it to tape up the sides of my falling apart computer. (long story) Everyone agrees that the pattern on the tap makes my computer less sad looking too! I WILL be buying more of these. I have not found them in the store yet, but I have been so busy that I have not had time to really look. I might have to buy every pattern I find. According to the card these cost $2-$3. I am not sure how I feel about that price though. With the size of the roll I feel it should be more like $1-$2, but I will probably buy them anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment