Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Easy Center Pull Yarn Ball!

IMG_1139


How to turn your Yarn Mess into a center pull ball


Anyone who is into any kind of yarn art knows the pain of a big mess of yarn. For me it is worse when I recycle yarn. Along time ago I saw this trick online but I can't remember where.

All you need is a paper towel tube and the yarn.

Cut a slit into the paper towel roll:


Find the end of your yarn and put about 4 to 6 inches of tail into the tube and slid down into the cut.

Pull the yarn down about 3 inches from the cut and wrap yarn around to hold that into place:




I normally wrap it about 10 times. Next turn the tube upside down and wrap it about 10 more times at a diagonal angle.

Turn it again to a more comfortable angle. and slowly wrap around at an angle until it is the size you want.


To me it kinda looks like a dragon egg! Or I have been playing Sims 3 Dragon Valley too much.

Tuck the end under and pull the tail out of the tube. Make sure that you do not leave the tail in there or it will be hard to find later!




Pull the tube out of the yarn and shape the ball with your hands.

4 comments:

  1. Reblogged this on handknitters guild of south australia inc. and commented:
    What a great idea... No yarn winder, no problems! Paper towel roll and you are set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for reblogging this! I hope you find it useful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so easy that once I tried I decided I did not need a yarn winder at all! I read some where someone suggested using something plastic like a PVC pipe to make it last longer.

    ReplyDelete