Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Mommy Blogging

I love mommy blogs. I really do. I read a lot of them. A good number of them have crafts, frugal living tips and recipes. I love all of these things. The fact that I can include the kids is a bonus!

Here is my big problem with some mommy bloggers. (It is not really a problem though.) Seems like they all have toddlers. Don't get me wrong, I get it. The mothers of toddlers do need help. More than anything when it is the first one. I did not have blogs when my kids were young, but I had sage advice from my parents, grandparents, and other family. Reading these blogs now, I think, "Gee I wish I knew this 12 years ago."

What about the mothers of teens? Teen years are scary, and my oldest is turning 14 in two weeks!!! That means in 2 years he can legally drive! Think about that moms of toddlers, because someday you will come to that same thought.

Maybe I am just not finding the teen mom blogs, because the closest I seem to find is the blogs of teens who are moms. (Another scary thought, because my daughter is turning 11 in December and that means 16 is only 5 years away!!!!)

My kids will always be my babies, and no matter how old they are the family needs to save money, entertain the kids, and have a healthy lifestyle. I just think that as a parent of a teen and 2 tweens it would be nice to find active mom bloggers with older kids.

Don't forget the moms of teens!


[caption id="attachment_68" align="aligncenter" width="225"]My 3 kids and my little sister, a year ago. Really why is it so hard to get good pictures of everybody smiling, that I have to use a picture just over a year old? My 3 kids and my little sister, a year ago. Really why is it so hard to get good pictures of everybody smiling, that I have to use a picture just over a year old?[/caption]

3 comments:

  1. my son turned 16 in march and he is driving now and yes teen years are scary but that too shall pass :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is true and there is a wonderful part, my kids can do the dishes and clean my house!

    ReplyDelete